One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recall a past event or time.‘I keep thinking back to school’
- ‘When rugby fans think back on past Lions tours, there is invariably one moment that sticks in the mind.’
- ‘Yet, if you think back over the past decade or so the range and frequency of scandals is astonishing.’
- ‘I think back to the past and recall that it is the table at which we used to discuss politics or at which I wrote my first book.’
- ‘Barden thinks back through the past few years and it is easy to spot the games they should have won and the opportunities missed.’
- ‘Just think back to this past summer and the drama surrounding Taylor's decision to step down.’
- ‘I put the blade back in my pocket to as I thought back into the past.’
- ‘Kelly thought back now on the events that had set them all on this catastrophic course.’
- ‘As I was throwing my last bag into our car, I started thinking back on this past year.’
- ‘When these natives actually do settle down, they may find themselves continually thinking back on their many past affairs.’
- ‘He shook his head with slight pain as he thought back to the previous events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.