One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recall a past event or time.‘I keep thinking back to school’
- ‘I think back to the past and recall that it is the table at which we used to discuss politics or at which I wrote my first book.’
- ‘Just think back to this past summer and the drama surrounding Taylor's decision to step down.’
- ‘When these natives actually do settle down, they may find themselves continually thinking back on their many past affairs.’
- ‘I put the blade back in my pocket to as I thought back into the past.’
- ‘Barden thinks back through the past few years and it is easy to spot the games they should have won and the opportunities missed.’
- ‘Kelly thought back now on the events that had set them all on this catastrophic course.’
- ‘As I was throwing my last bag into our car, I started thinking back on this past year.’
- ‘He shook his head with slight pain as he thought back to the previous events.’
- ‘Yet, if you think back over the past decade or so the range and frequency of scandals is astonishing.’
- ‘When rugby fans think back on past Lions tours, there is invariably one moment that sticks in the mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.