One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chromatography in which compounds are separated on a thin layer of adsorbent material, typically a coating of silica gel on a glass plate or plastic sheet.
- ‘Fatty acid methyleslers were purified by high-performance thin-layer chromatography and subjected to gas-chromatographic analysis.’
- ‘All samples were checked after the NMR experiments by thin-layer chromatography as described, and revealed no contamination or lipid degradation.’
- ‘In that study, AQ composition was confirmed by infrared spectroscopy, gas chromatography and thin-layer chromatography.’
- ‘Traditional toxicology screens that employ thin-layer chromatography can detect MDMA metabolites in the urine.’
- ‘The reaction product was separated on silica-coated plates by thin-layer chromatography, using chloroform/methanol as the mobile phase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.