One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American blackberry or raspberry with thimble-shaped fruit.
Genus Rubus, family Rosaceae: several species, including R. parviflorus, which has white flowers and juicy, somewhat tasteless fruit
- ‘Delicious, dewy-cold thimbleberries were scattered on top.’
- ‘To add to his challenges, Likes must deal with a high volume of brush such as thimbleberry, twinberry, elderberry, and fireweed.’
- ‘Common in the understory are chokecherry, beaked hazelnut, a wild rose, red baneberry, thimbleberry, and bracken.’
- ‘Cloudberry and thimbleberry are harvested from bogs in Quebec for juice and liqueur production.’
- ‘I've been studying them, wondering at the diet of the bear, how he can sustain himself on grasses and what appear to be shoots of thimbleberry and primeval horsetails.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.