One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These results suggest that the bug's thigmotactic response might be a key factor explaining the observed preferences for leather.’
- ‘Thrips adults and larvae are thigmotactic, preferring to hide in complex plant parts, flower buds and other folded tissue where they are difficult to detect and to reach with insecticides.’
- ‘The entire structure of the dorsal polar band was called the ‘comb’ by Kahl and interpreted as a set of thigmotactic cilia.’
- ‘Note that most anterior cirral pairs develop in one anlage with a row of thigmotactic cirri on the left side; and about ten posteriormost pairs develop in one anlage each with one transverse cirrus.’
- ‘The thigmotactic behavior observed in the preliminary studies confirms the high priority of defensive behaviors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.