One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boot that reaches to the thigh.‘a pair of black leather thigh boots’
- ‘If you are a child of the seventies, eighties or nineties then don your flares, mini-skirts, thigh boots and psychedelic shirts and make your way to Abbaesque this Friday night.’
- ‘Sadly she isn't wearing thigh boots but knee-high ones with a stiletto heel.’
- ‘I'm not keen on the thigh boots with that outfit.’
- ‘Other celebrity lots include a snazzy pair of leopard print thigh-high Miu Miu boots worn by Madonna for her 2012 Super Bowl performance and some sexy Manolo Blahnik thigh boots worn by Elle Macpherson on the catwalk.’
- ‘She recently appeared wearing leather thigh boots and a wedding ring, but nothing else.’
- ‘Betsy Johnson highlighted some retro 80s styling with tomahawk hairstyles and over-the-knee thigh boots.’
- ‘Clad in sou'wester and thigh boots, his rugged, bearded features are every inch the Victorian lifeboatman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.