One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘I need you to go in covertly and collect as much information as possible so that I can present it to those thickheads and get approval.’
- ‘He's not a Christian either, you thickhead.’
- ‘Damn, she's even more of a thickhead than I had imagined.’
- ‘I'm not going to waste more time trying to talk sense into some narrow-minded thickhead, like you.’
- ‘It was the only thing that got through to the thickheads he lived with.’
- ‘Except that he was being a complete thickhead.’
- ‘What do these thickheads think they're going to achieve by throwing eggs and breaking windows?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.