One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
It is rumored.
be reported, be thought, be believed, be alleged, be rumoured, be reputed, be put aboutView synonyms
- ‘Somewhere in the world, so they say, there's a perfect love match for everyone.’
- ‘Undoubtedly, they say, new technology will mean big changes in the ways films are watched and made.’
- ‘Cultural neglect, they say, reflects social neglect, and it becomes a vicious circle.’
- ‘Both have company pensions, but buying abroad is something anyone can do, they say.’
- ‘But all good things come to those who wait, so they say, and now that wait is over.’
- ‘A room either has style or it doesn't and they say you either have style or you don't.’
- ‘As they say, you can take the girl out of India but you can't take India out of the girl.’
- ‘Like they say, there are stranger things in heaven and earth than we can imagine.’
- ‘Well you know what they say about some people having more money than sense.’
- ‘It's true what they say, a little adversity can turn a city of strangers into a small town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.