One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
It is rumored.
be reported, be thought, be believed, be alleged, be rumoured, be reputed, be put aboutView synonyms
- ‘As they say, you can take the girl out of India but you can't take India out of the girl.’
- ‘It's true what they say, a little adversity can turn a city of strangers into a small town.’
- ‘Both have company pensions, but buying abroad is something anyone can do, they say.’
- ‘Somewhere in the world, so they say, there's a perfect love match for everyone.’
- ‘Undoubtedly, they say, new technology will mean big changes in the ways films are watched and made.’
- ‘Cultural neglect, they say, reflects social neglect, and it becomes a vicious circle.’
- ‘Like they say, there are stranger things in heaven and earth than we can imagine.’
- ‘Well you know what they say about some people having more money than sense.’
- ‘A room either has style or it doesn't and they say you either have style or you don't.’
- ‘But all good things come to those who wait, so they say, and now that wait is over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.