One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
They shall; they will.
- ‘Do you ignore symptoms like persistent coughs or indigestion in the hope that they'll go away?’
- ‘They all read this blog and I'm sure they'll have something to say on the subject.’
- ‘If people want a job with you, then they'll approach you, and that's what has happened here.’
- ‘Apparently this is even better, as it means they'll easily find somewhere to park.’
- ‘I dread to think what stories they'll be telling their friends in the playground.’
- ‘I suspect that when the kids are older and have moved out then they'll both be splitting up.’
- ‘Naturally, they reserve the right to be smug and unimpressed, but still they'll come.’
- ‘Then are you dead nervous they'll drive past you again ages later and get you.’
- ‘Worse still is when they say they'll have to see what their husband or boyfriend thinks.’
- ‘If she goes ahead and marries him, we all know they'll be divorced by this time next year.’
- ‘The only problem is that right at this moment I can't guarantee they'll live that long.’
- ‘So they'll promote your film in a way that would never have happened in the past.’
- ‘Soon they'll all be building casinos, and turning to alcohol to relieve their misery.’
- ‘People here don't want others to look down on them, so they'll go anywhere to earn more.’
- ‘Dancers, the globe over, need dancing partners and so if you can dance, they'll find you.’
- ‘If he or she has had a great time and enjoyed the hospitality, they'll be back for more with their friends.’
- ‘I hate hurting people and worry that if I do they'll turn nasty and start threatening me.’
- ‘Luckily, the insurance people seem to have come up trumps and have said they'll pay for it.’
- ‘The potential car buyer was there at the time but I don't think they'll be buying it now.’
- ‘Over the next four weeks they'll be visiting the pond at night to find out if the newts are there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.