One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
They shall; they will.
- ‘They all read this blog and I'm sure they'll have something to say on the subject.’
- ‘If people want a job with you, then they'll approach you, and that's what has happened here.’
- ‘If he or she has had a great time and enjoyed the hospitality, they'll be back for more with their friends.’
- ‘Do you ignore symptoms like persistent coughs or indigestion in the hope that they'll go away?’
- ‘The only problem is that right at this moment I can't guarantee they'll live that long.’
- ‘Soon they'll all be building casinos, and turning to alcohol to relieve their misery.’
- ‘I hate hurting people and worry that if I do they'll turn nasty and start threatening me.’
- ‘Naturally, they reserve the right to be smug and unimpressed, but still they'll come.’
- ‘Dancers, the globe over, need dancing partners and so if you can dance, they'll find you.’
- ‘So they'll promote your film in a way that would never have happened in the past.’
- ‘The potential car buyer was there at the time but I don't think they'll be buying it now.’
- ‘I suspect that when the kids are older and have moved out then they'll both be splitting up.’
- ‘Over the next four weeks they'll be visiting the pond at night to find out if the newts are there.’
- ‘Then are you dead nervous they'll drive past you again ages later and get you.’
- ‘Luckily, the insurance people seem to have come up trumps and have said they'll pay for it.’
- ‘Worse still is when they say they'll have to see what their husband or boyfriend thinks.’
- ‘People here don't want others to look down on them, so they'll go anywhere to earn more.’
- ‘I dread to think what stories they'll be telling their friends in the playground.’
- ‘If she goes ahead and marries him, we all know they'll be divorced by this time next year.’
- ‘Apparently this is even better, as it means they'll easily find somewhere to park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.