One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Greek region of Thessaly or its inhabitants.‘the dish was undoubtedly a Thessalian invention’
- ‘The rocks sit between the Thessalian plain in the east and the Pindos mountains in the west.’
- ‘He also commanded all his Thessalian subjects to mourn for her.’
- ‘In 196 BC Rome established a new Thessalian Confederacy which survived the absorption of the area into the Roman province of Macedonia.’
- ‘Whether the words underlying these names belong to the Thessalian dialect is impossible to say.’
- ‘This book is a collaboration focused on Thessalian mythology.’
A native or inhabitant of the Greek region of Thessaly.‘a Thessalian who was slain by the Trojans’
- ‘The Thessalians cultivated grain, horses and cattle.’
- ‘In the spring of 480, the Thessalians recommended a defensive position at the Vale of Tempe.’
- ‘The oracle ordered the Thessalians to sail to Troy each year to sacrifice to Achilles.’
- ‘Come then, friend, show us what a Thessalian can really do.’
- ‘The Thessalians all around the world returned to their homeland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.