One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a substance) not readily destroyed or deactivated by heat.
- ‘The production and distribution of modified, thermostable, brightly fluorescent GFPs (green fluorescent proteins) suitable for expression in plant cells has stimulated many experiments with plant systems.’
- ‘The altered allele produces an enzyme that is less thermostable and has 60% lower activity than the common allele.’
- ‘There are even more indications that it is a thermostable protein.’
- ‘These are extremely interesting from the biotechnological point of view, and thermostable enzymes from bacillus species are particularly important in the production of corn syrups and dextrose.’
- ‘Consequently, the gene products recovered from this genome are expected to be extremely thermostable, or heat-tolerant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.