One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In thermoregulatory terms man is a tropical animal and, in order to survive outside a tropical environment, he must use clothing and shelter to prevent body cooling.’
- ‘Heatstroke and heat exhaustion occur when the body's thermoregulatory responses are inadequate to preserve homeostasis.’
- ‘Because hot flashes are episodes of thermoregulatory dysregulation, women report that standing in front of an open refrigerator or air conditioner helps to ameliorate the discomfort.’
- ‘The impact of dehydration on the cardiovascular and thermoregulatory systems is quite predictable.’
- ‘The body's thermoregulatory responses are intact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.