One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Heatstroke and heat exhaustion occur when the body's thermoregulatory responses are inadequate to preserve homeostasis.’
- ‘The body's thermoregulatory responses are intact.’
- ‘The impact of dehydration on the cardiovascular and thermoregulatory systems is quite predictable.’
- ‘In thermoregulatory terms man is a tropical animal and, in order to survive outside a tropical environment, he must use clothing and shelter to prevent body cooling.’
- ‘Because hot flashes are episodes of thermoregulatory dysregulation, women report that standing in front of an open refrigerator or air conditioner helps to ameliorate the discomfort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.