One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of thermocouples arranged for measuring small quantities of radiant heat.
- ‘A collection of thermocouples is called a thermopile.’
- ‘On the thermal side are thermocouples, thermopiles, bolometers, and pneumatic detectors.’
- ‘He testified that as a result of this he applied soap and water to both the furnace connections and the hot water tank pilot connection where he had replaced the thermopile a few weeks previously.’
- ‘Using a thermopile and galvanometer, he demonstrated that UV rays from an arc lamp are several orders of magnitude more lethal than visible rays.’
- ‘In 1829, Nobili invented the thermopile, and it was improved in 1852 by Melloni.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.