One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to the capacity to convert infrared radiation (i.e. radiant heat) into electricity.
- ‘Using this new emitter, the company predicts that the output of its thermophotovoltaic generator can still be substantially improved.’
- ‘Highly efficient conversion of heat power into electricity can be realized in a thermophotovoltaic system.’
- ‘The use of a radiant burner of this type in a thermophotovoltaic generator currently causes problems in that the hot combustion gases flow to the photocell.’
- ‘Significant gains can also be expected in the case of thermophotovoltaic cells.’
- ‘Using a finer version of the tungsten mesh with thermophotovoltaic devices might improve their performance.’
- ‘They were developing electric generators powered by radiant heat, as from a furnace, falling onto thermophotovoltaic cells.’
- ‘They were funded to develop a solar-driven thermophotovoltaic electrical system that would not degrade from radiation exposure for space power applications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.