One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Understanding the structural basis for the enhanced stability of proteins from hyperthermophilic organisms relative to their mesophilic and thermophilic counterparts is a highly relevant but complex and challenging problem.’
- ‘Yeates and colleagues have considerably advanced our understanding of how proteins withstand and function at high temperatures via stabilizing disulfide bonds in these thermophilic organisms.’
- ‘Here, I compared sequences from the mesophilic bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans, whose genome has been completely sequenced, with Thermus thermophilus, a thermophilic bacterium that is related to Deinococcus.’
- ‘There has been a growing interest in understanding the stabilization of proteins from these organisms, especially those from thermophilic bacteria.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Earth-dwelling extremophile microorganisms, both thermophilic (heat-loving) and psychrophilic (cold-loving), are variously adapted to temperatures that would fry us or freeze us.’
- ‘Farmer's lung disease is a hypersensitivity pneumonitis caused by the inhalation of thermophilic actinomycetes that grow in moldy hay or straw.’
- ‘These newer polymerases have been isolated from a diverse variety of thermophilic organisms and show different enzymatic properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.