One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The use of thermograms to study heat distribution in structures or regions, for example in detecting tumors.
- ‘Video thermography measured skin temperature while 6 subjects (2 wheelchair users and 4 nondisabled) sat on a hard surface for varying durations of 5, 10, and 15 minutes.’
- ‘Nonetheless, the utilization of thermography as a breast cancer screening tool has been a very controversial topic within the healthcare community for the past decade.’
- ‘Other blood flow assessment tools, including thermography, infrared measurement, angiography, and magnetic resonance angiography, are beyond the scope of this report.’
- ‘However, the use of ultrasonography, electromyography, thermography, and muscle biopsy has been studied.’
- ‘Subsurface fires can also be monitored using aerial infrared thermography.’
- ‘The military, law enforcement agencies, and border patrol officers have used ground-based infrared thermography for years for surveillance purposes.’
- ‘Infrared thermography is a non-invasive diagnostic technique that provides a method to visualize and quantify changes in skin surface temperature.’
- ‘One wonders why thermography has not developed.’
2A printing technique in which a wet ink image is fused by heat or infrared radiation with a resinous powder to produce a raised impression.
- ‘They include binding, converting, die cutting, engraving, finishing, fixturing, foil stamping, laser cutting, packaging, paper, printing and thermography.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.