One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument that produces a trace or image representing a record of the varying temperature or infrared radiation over an area or during a period of time.
- ‘An electric thermograph was used to keep a record of the temperatures in the greenhouse.’
- ‘When abdominal temperature was measured with a thermograph before and after acupoint stimulation, skin surface temperature was found to be increased by stimulation, indicating vascular dilatation and increased blood flow.’
- ‘Temperature in the non-temperature-controlled greenhouse was recorded continuously with a thermograph.’
- ‘In the non-heated greenhouse, windows were open all year, and temperatures were recorded continuously with an electric thermograph.’
- ‘For 20 minutes at 8pm, Mr Price described the scene and his preparations including microphones, electric contacts to show when doors opened, a camera and a thermograph to record temperature changes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.