Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument that produces a trace or image representing a record of the varying temperature or infrared radiation over an area or during a period of time.
- ‘Temperature in the non-temperature-controlled greenhouse was recorded continuously with a thermograph.’
- ‘For 20 minutes at 8pm, Mr Price described the scene and his preparations including microphones, electric contacts to show when doors opened, a camera and a thermograph to record temperature changes.’
- ‘In the non-heated greenhouse, windows were open all year, and temperatures were recorded continuously with an electric thermograph.’
- ‘An electric thermograph was used to keep a record of the temperatures in the greenhouse.’
- ‘When abdominal temperature was measured with a thermograph before and after acupoint stimulation, skin surface temperature was found to be increased by stimulation, indicating vascular dilatation and increased blood flow.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.