Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of heating a thermoplastic material and shaping it in a mold.
- ‘Because it is a thermoplastic composite, sheets of the material can readily be converted into components by thermoforming, punching, and machining.’
- ‘Last year, for example, the company introduced a new thermoforming system.’
- ‘The state-of-the-art thermoforming equipment allows them to produce complex designs to precise specifications in a broad range of materials.’
- ‘The advent of exciting technologies like pellet injection molding and thermoforming created thousands of jobs and cemented Holloway's reputation as the Thermoforming Capital of the Tri-State area.’
- ‘The thermoforming process is highly automated.’
- ‘About the functioning of the machine, he said the thermoforming machine would print pictures, graphs, maps etc. in Braille.’
- ‘A thermoforming machine can cost from $200,000 to $500,000.’
- ‘It may be shaped without the use of thermoforming equipment and can be used in both dry-mounting and pressure-sensitive mounting applications.’
- ‘Film is converted into preformed shells by vacuum thermoforming.’
- ‘Once the blank is finished it is moved to a press where it undergoes a traditional thermoforming process.’
- ‘The program is focusing on a thermoforming process using glass-fiber-reinforced polyamide, PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) and polystyrene resins in order to reduce production cycle times.’
- ‘The new resources will be used to develop and test new plastics, evaluate applications and processes, provide technical support, and research new methods of injection molding, coextrusion, and thermoforming.’
- ‘Which means that there are processing steps including thermoforming, reinforced fiber pre-forming, and liquid molding.’
- ‘While thermoforming shapes a package to conform to the device it holds, flow wrapping achieves its shape by wrapping a single layer of film around the product and then sealing it.’
- ‘To produce large medical devices, a thermoforming company invested in a four-station rotary thermoformer, capable of molding enclosures from one continuous sheet of plastic.’
- ‘Instead, he says, manufacturers are looking to lower-cost processes, including thermoforming or pressure forming, to consolidate parts and cut costs.’
- ‘By merging the strengths of traditional thermoforming and blow molding, they offer a new forming technology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.