One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of heating a thermoplastic material and shaping it in a mold.
- ‘Instead, he says, manufacturers are looking to lower-cost processes, including thermoforming or pressure forming, to consolidate parts and cut costs.’
- ‘About the functioning of the machine, he said the thermoforming machine would print pictures, graphs, maps etc. in Braille.’
- ‘A thermoforming machine can cost from $200,000 to $500,000.’
- ‘It may be shaped without the use of thermoforming equipment and can be used in both dry-mounting and pressure-sensitive mounting applications.’
- ‘While thermoforming shapes a package to conform to the device it holds, flow wrapping achieves its shape by wrapping a single layer of film around the product and then sealing it.’
- ‘Film is converted into preformed shells by vacuum thermoforming.’
- ‘The advent of exciting technologies like pellet injection molding and thermoforming created thousands of jobs and cemented Holloway's reputation as the Thermoforming Capital of the Tri-State area.’
- ‘The program is focusing on a thermoforming process using glass-fiber-reinforced polyamide, PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) and polystyrene resins in order to reduce production cycle times.’
- ‘The state-of-the-art thermoforming equipment allows them to produce complex designs to precise specifications in a broad range of materials.’
- ‘The new resources will be used to develop and test new plastics, evaluate applications and processes, provide technical support, and research new methods of injection molding, coextrusion, and thermoforming.’
- ‘By merging the strengths of traditional thermoforming and blow molding, they offer a new forming technology.’
- ‘Last year, for example, the company introduced a new thermoforming system.’
- ‘Once the blank is finished it is moved to a press where it undergoes a traditional thermoforming process.’
- ‘To produce large medical devices, a thermoforming company invested in a four-station rotary thermoformer, capable of molding enclosures from one continuous sheet of plastic.’
- ‘The thermoforming process is highly automated.’
- ‘Which means that there are processing steps including thermoforming, reinforced fiber pre-forming, and liquid molding.’
- ‘Because it is a thermoplastic composite, sheets of the material can readily be converted into components by thermoforming, punching, and machining.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.