One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing electricity by a difference of temperatures.
- ‘For instance, waste heat will be converted to electricity by a thermoelectric device.’
- ‘So officials are scrambling to update regulations to allow dozens of thermoelectric power stations to be built, partly with private money.’
- ‘Another field of interest shown by Milan's municipal companies was in gas distribution and the privatisation of thermoelectric power plants in Bulgaria.’
- ‘The mission was possible because it drew its power from two long-lasting radioisotope thermoelectric generators provided by the Department of Energy.’
- ‘The thermoelectric generator starts the fan automatically and adjusts speed according to stove temperature.’
- ‘It comes equipped with a thermoelectric projectile acceleration system.’
- ‘Two potential solutions are thermoelectric power, which converts heat energy into electricity; and alpha-voltaic power, which converts the kinetic energy of alpha particles emitted from a radioactive isotope.’
- ‘Eventually, thermoelectric components might power cell phones by taking advantage of a person's body heat.’
- ‘This equilibrium is reached through simultaneous application of active thermoelectric pulse heating and cooling gases.’
- ‘Besides the highly polluting thermoelectric plants, two environmentally friendly plants (acquired in Japan and England) have been working for several years, a fact not recorded in the book.’
- ‘These portable thermoelectric generators contain a sizable amount of strontium-90, a highly potent radioactive isotope.’
- ‘The second, Prof. Holger Kleinke, is investigating new thermoelectric materials in order to create energy-efficient cooling materials and power generators.’
- ‘This may have resulted from a voltage increase between two dielectric plates, for example, slabs of limestone below the site that are separated by a thermoelectric material.’
- ‘Treatment response was based on objective criteria including clinical and thermoelectric measurements.’
- ‘There he created the first physics laboratory in Britain where he conducted pioneering research into electric measurement and the investigation of the electro-dynamic and thermoelectric properties of matter.’
- ‘The new design is an improvement over current thermoelectric devices used for the generation of electricity aboard spacecraft.’
- ‘The objective of the project is to demonstrate that quantum dots can be used to produce an improved thermoelectric nanomaterial by engineering thermal and electronic properties to achieve increased efficiencies.’
- ‘Strontium-90, which is found in abandoned portable thermoelectric generators in the former Soviet Union, would be a greater threat, though it is likely the terrorist would die from exposure while transporting such material.’
- ‘A thermoelectric material must allow electrons to flow freely, so they can carry away heat energy.’
- ‘The Voyagers were equipped with three radioisotope thermoelectric generators to produce electrical power for the spacecrafts' systems and instruments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.