Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for game theory
- ‘A special case of a utility function had been introduced by von Neumann and Morgenstern in their theory of games.’
- ‘Specialists examining confrontational crises frequently rely on one of two methods of inquiry - the theory of games or comparative case studies.’
- ‘His main academic concerns are the theory of money and financial institutions, the theory of games and their relationship to strategic behavior, and the management and economics of cultural institutions.’
- ‘The most significant insight in the theory of games was to recognize that men and women are not Robinson Crusoes - each individual isolated from all other individuals.’
- ‘In 1944 a mathematician von Neumann and an economist Morgernstern introduced the theory of games to economics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.