One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
We believe a thing because we wish it to be true.
- ‘Well, sometimes the wish is father to the thought.’
- ‘It seems with England that the wish is father to the thought while the Australians see what they have at their disposal and work from there.’
- ‘Where the wish is father to the thought such logic is convincing.’
- ‘So often on both sides the wish is father to the thought.’
- ‘I'm confident the war won't last much longer dearest and not merely because the wish is father to the thought.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.