One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The point at which a system, sequence, or organization is most vulnerable; the least dependable element or member.
- ‘The user might often be the weakest link in the system.’
- ‘The villains are probably the weakest link in the film.’
- ‘Before him goal keeping was usually considered the weakest link in the team.’
- ‘The security of any single organization is only as strong as that of the weakest link in the chain, no matter how large or small.’
- ‘A facility's electrical system is only as reliable as the weakest link in the system.’
- ‘Many contractors we work with believe that their marketing and sales efforts are the weakest link in their organizations.’
- ‘This vulnerability may be the weakest link in the system as a whole given the rapid rate of automation in the industry over the last decade.’
- ‘But it may prove to be the most important and yet the weakest link in the coalition against terrorism.’
- ‘The suspicion that you are the weakest link can add a lot of pressure to a team member.’
- ‘Davis sees the country as the weakest link in the struggle against organised crime in the region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.