One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An option avoiding difficulty or unpleasantness; the easiest course of action.
- ‘He'll likely take the path of least resistance, the one with the fewest ‘practical difficulties’’
- ‘Unfortunately, most players will simply take the path of least resistance, and choose to do whatever is easier.’
- ‘But as I have nothing new to trade, I choose the path of least resistance.’
- ‘Many bands with a conscience choose the path of least resistance: the charity record.’
- ‘What really happens when you choose the path of least resistance?’
- ‘Obviously they must carefully weigh their options; in some instances the path of least resistance is chosen.’
- ‘However, victory and satisfaction belong to those who do not choose the path of least resistance when faced with major life challenges.’
- ‘Of course, there will be those who will choose the path of least resistance and remain silent on the matter.’
- ‘Instead of healthy eating, we choose the path of least resistance: convenience foods, snack food or even fast food.’
- ‘Finally, when given the opportunity to effect change, many powerless people choose the path of least resistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.