One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An option avoiding difficulty or unpleasantness; the easiest course of action.
- ‘Of course, there will be those who will choose the path of least resistance and remain silent on the matter.’
- ‘However, victory and satisfaction belong to those who do not choose the path of least resistance when faced with major life challenges.’
- ‘But as I have nothing new to trade, I choose the path of least resistance.’
- ‘Obviously they must carefully weigh their options; in some instances the path of least resistance is chosen.’
- ‘Unfortunately, most players will simply take the path of least resistance, and choose to do whatever is easier.’
- ‘Instead of healthy eating, we choose the path of least resistance: convenience foods, snack food or even fast food.’
- ‘Finally, when given the opportunity to effect change, many powerless people choose the path of least resistance.’
- ‘What really happens when you choose the path of least resistance?’
- ‘Many bands with a conscience choose the path of least resistance: the charity record.’
- ‘He'll likely take the path of least resistance, the one with the fewest ‘practical difficulties’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.