One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The prayer taught by Jesus to his disciples, beginning “Our Father.”.
- ‘There is even a section of prayers based on the Lord's Prayer.’
- ‘Meetings conclude by sharing prayer requests and saying the Lord's Prayer.’
- ‘Imagine writing a book about the Lord's Prayer, or the Ave Maria, or one of Shakespeare's sonnets.’
- ‘Together with the huge congregation we recited the Nicene Creed and the Lord's Prayer.’
- ‘What gave him comfort and strength, he said, were the old liturgies and prayers - the psalms, the Lord's Prayer, the creeds.’
- ‘These are the seminal texts of the tradition: the Lord's Prayer, the Magnificat, the Benedictus.’
- ‘This is how we will experience the peace and unity with the Father that the Lord's Prayer describes so beautifully.’
- ‘Then, kneeling or standing, say the Apostles' Creed and the Lord's Prayer.’
- ‘When Jesus taught his disciples the Lord's Prayer, he used ‘Our Father’ to address God.’
- ‘As we have remarked earlier, the only part of the Lord's Prayer which Jesus repeated was the part dealing with forgiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.