One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Throughout the whole sickness he regularly preached every Lord's Day in some of the churches.’
- ‘We rely on preaching in our church, and we have two services with preaching every Lord's Day, because we are confident in this method Jesus used and that God has promised to bless.’
- ‘Sunday is the Lord's Day, the Christian sabbath on which we rest from our labors and in Christ and refresh ourselves in worship.’
- ‘There are certain things to which the church should be committed, and one of those is the role of the Lord's Day in the life of the churches.’
- ‘Some felt it a religious duty to observe days other than the Lord's Day.’
- ‘Is it possible to have a healthy involvement in sport, and still put Christianity first particularly when it comes to keeping the Lord's Day?’
- ‘It is not the specifically Jewish Sabbath we observe, but the Lord's Day that is the Christian Sabbath.’
- ‘In 1993 the Sunday Trading Act set about dismantling the legislation protecting the Lord's Day.’
- ‘Others mistakenly think that keeping the Lord's Day or attending church meetings (or doing any number of religious things) earn saving merit.’
- ‘But they would assemble as we do on the first day of the week for worship and, frequently, if not every Lord's Day, they would celebrate the sacrament.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.