One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A much loved person.
- ‘I lost the light of my life, my buddy, my best friend.’
- ‘All I will say is that she is the light of my life and I am really happy.’
- ‘My grandmother was my inspiration, the light of my life, the real reason my faith in God was still holding on.’
- ‘She is - and always has been - the light of my life, and I feel so fortunate to have been graced by her love these past 40 years.’
- ‘JJ has given me a lifetime of love in a short time, and she is the light of my life.’
- ‘He had always been the light of my life and I thought he was so brave, moving away from everything he knew to make a fresh start.’
- ‘I have the most wonderful partner, the light of my life and the father of my baby.’
- ‘But if she was honest with herself, she had to admit that he wasn't exactly the light of her life.’
- ‘Jen had been the joy, the pride, the light of my life for so long now.’
- ‘He was really happy and the baby was the light of his life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.