One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decision has not yet been reached on a controversial subject.‘the jury is still out on whether self-regulation by doctors is adequate’
- ‘However, the jury is out on whether (the digital strategy) will work.’
- ‘‘Shock therapy’ economics did not save Argentina, and the jury is out on Russia.’
- ‘I think the jury is out on that, but I do think Gail is right.’
- ‘Danon's own admission that the jury is out on his mobile and wireless telephony target does little to convince the sceptics that he or the company can make in-roads into a sector it only recently abandoned.’
- ‘I'd say the jury is out on whether we should fight it or not.’
- ‘I think the jury is out on that one, but it is certainly a striking sound and it does have a certain beauty.’
- ‘Therefore the jury is out on what I will do about it.’
- ‘But from the comments made by shareholders talking in groups after the meeting and the market performance since, it is clear the jury is out on the new strategy.’
- ‘One or perhaps two are positioned to manage it - but the jury is out.’
- ‘Well, I think the jury is out on a number of issues in the mix, but overall of course I support our troops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.