Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The countries of the world considered collectively.
- ‘It's time to let the international community know that Canada is taking a stand, he said.’
- ‘Now is the time for the international community to show its worth.’
- ‘Political pressure from the international community is needed to help the situation.’
- ‘The resignation did not come out of the blue, but it still sent shockwaves through the international community.’
- ‘The international community is preparing to impose punitive sanctions.’
- ‘People smuggling is a crime that the international community needs to combat.’
- ‘The UN is the international community's ultimate legal forum, but the techniques are the same.’
- ‘Further action must only be taken if it receives the support of the international community.’
- ‘The inquiry needs to stick to presenting the facts if it is to maintain credibility in the international community.’
- ‘He underlined that the challenge was not simply to Britain and America but to the whole international community.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.