One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The unpredictable, haphazard events of war.
- ‘Don't journalists accept this as the fortunes of war?’
- ‘The missions will grow and change to reflect the fortunes of war, and your faction's standing in the war.’
- ‘Everything depended on risking the fortunes of war.’
- ‘It is the fortunes of war and I could just have easily have come out the other way.’
- ‘This was an anomalous position in American law, and one that the fortunes of war and necessities of politics made frustrating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.