One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The unpredictable, haphazard events of war.
- ‘The missions will grow and change to reflect the fortunes of war, and your faction's standing in the war.’
- ‘Don't journalists accept this as the fortunes of war?’
- ‘This was an anomalous position in American law, and one that the fortunes of war and necessities of politics made frustrating.’
- ‘Everything depended on risking the fortunes of war.’
- ‘It is the fortunes of war and I could just have easily have come out the other way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.