One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
the fact of the matter, what actually happened, what really happened, the case, soView synonyms
- ‘And the fact of the matter is, he did what many, many people would do in that situation, right or wrong.’
- ‘And the fact of the matter is, anybody can become violent under the right circumstances.’
- ‘They battled bravely even when defeat was staring them in the face, but the fact of the matter is that they are not yet ready to take on teams in the top flight.’
- ‘And the fact of the matter is, these advertisers are paying for these programs.’
- ‘I think that the fact of the matter is there are plenty of women who are interested in helping other women come up through the ranks.’
- ‘That's not a criticism, that's a description of what I think is the fact of the matter.’
- ‘Well, despite all this, the fact of the matter is that, look, flying has always been relatively safe.’
- ‘The simple fact of the matter is that he was the first to use the name in the field of popular music.’
- ‘But the fact of the matter is that this incident occurred and I would like an explanation from whoever is in charge.’
- ‘But the fact of the matter is, any time you ingest a pill, a chemical, there is going to be a risk.’
- ‘And the fact of the matter is, is we are busy responding to the last threat, which is the terrorist threat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.