One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thank you very much.
thank you, many thanks, thanks very much, thanks a lot, thank you kindly, much obliged, much appreciated, bless youView synonyms
- ‘And thanks a million for helping me clear my name.’
- ‘Anyhow, thanks a million for the comments left on my blog about getting well soon!’
- ‘It's really nice of everyone, though, so thanks a million!’
- ‘‘Oh, thanks a million,’ I responded, and glanced over at Ms. Schaeffer again.’
- ‘Once again, thanks a million for the support and advice.’
- ‘Anyway, thanks a million, Steve; I really needed a good review to boost my urge to write.’
- ‘I would just like to finish by saying thanks a million to all the staff; they are a credit to the Royal Bolton Hospital and to the town of Bolton and surrounding areas.’
- ‘Hi, Lynn, thanks a million for babysitting for me this Sunday.’
- ‘Incidentally, thanks a million to my contributors, whoever you are.’
- ‘Once again, thanks a million to all of you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.