One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His estimate of the duties of the individual as against the dangers and thanklessness of public life is in its way a true monument of the age.’
- ‘Most umpires recognise the thanklessness of their task and live in the knowledge that they will often be judged by their mistakes rather than successes.’
- ‘Yet the physical exertions and risks of bodily harm that I incurred in my various summer employments never grated as much as what I considered the thanklessness of my temporary vocations.’
- ‘He describes the thanklessness and insecurity of the job, and the rivalries inside and outside newspaper offices.’
- ‘I saw my mum's health suffer from stress-related conditions and the thanklessness of the work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.