One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An extensive accumulation of axons connecting various thalamic nuclei to practically all cortical areas is seen in fan-like array and this, in three dimensions, reflects the profusion of the thalamic radiations.’
- ‘During sustained hypoxia, increased thalamic gating may decrease respiratory sensory projections to higher centers.’
- ‘The authors conclude that thalamotomy and thalamic stimulation are effective treatments for patients with severe tremors.’
- ‘When we are asleep, thalamic neurons prevent penetration of sensory information upward to the cortex.’
- ‘Computed tomography of the brain demonstrated an area of low attenuation in the left thalamic region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.