One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Computed tomography of the brain demonstrated an area of low attenuation in the left thalamic region.’
- ‘During sustained hypoxia, increased thalamic gating may decrease respiratory sensory projections to higher centers.’
- ‘When we are asleep, thalamic neurons prevent penetration of sensory information upward to the cortex.’
- ‘The authors conclude that thalamotomy and thalamic stimulation are effective treatments for patients with severe tremors.’
- ‘An extensive accumulation of axons connecting various thalamic nuclei to practically all cortical areas is seen in fan-like array and this, in three dimensions, reflects the profusion of the thalamic radiations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.