One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The representation or use of texture, especially in music, fine art, and interior design.
- ‘For the Web, the images needed to look more like final products, so texturing was used to simulate the fleece look.’
- ‘The several paintings titled Night Sky are swatches of impenetrable black texturing.’
- ‘A recent entrant on the pret fashion scene, Akiva, dwells on colours, embroideries as well as deceptively simple texturing and layering.’
- ‘Bangalore designer Deepika cast a spell of summer evening lines, stuff you would call unique for their texturing, perforation of fabrics, and dextrous pattern-making.’
- ‘Because of its uniformity and greatly increased speed, most texturing today is done by machine.’
- ‘The thin kind was great for fine detail, but the heavy foil really picked up nice texturing on the walls.’
- ‘If some texturing is desired, different effects can be achieved by applying texture to the cavity of the mold itself.’
- ‘After the texturing, painting is the final touch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.