Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The representation or use of texture, especially in music, fine art, and interior design.
- ‘Bangalore designer Deepika cast a spell of summer evening lines, stuff you would call unique for their texturing, perforation of fabrics, and dextrous pattern-making.’
- ‘If some texturing is desired, different effects can be achieved by applying texture to the cavity of the mold itself.’
- ‘After the texturing, painting is the final touch.’
- ‘The several paintings titled Night Sky are swatches of impenetrable black texturing.’
- ‘Because of its uniformity and greatly increased speed, most texturing today is done by machine.’
- ‘For the Web, the images needed to look more like final products, so texturing was used to simulate the fleece look.’
- ‘The thin kind was great for fine detail, but the heavy foil really picked up nice texturing on the walls.’
- ‘A recent entrant on the pret fashion scene, Akiva, dwells on colours, embroideries as well as deceptively simple texturing and layering.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.