One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of protein obtained from soybeans and made to resemble minced meat.
- ‘It was a thing with candy bars and cheese and textured vegetable protein.’
- ‘According to the press release, ‘PCRM recommends that school lunch programs replace beef with soy, textured vegetable protein, and beans in menu items to assure that children in our schools have safe, healthy and tasty menu choices.’’
- ‘If there are enough requests or an entire group requests a vegetarian alternative, prepare some textured vegetable protein meatballs or a TVP sauce.’
- ‘I totally agree with Kaayla T. Daniel's assessment of highly processed, chemically derived, modern soy products such as isolates, concentrates, textured vegetable protein, soy supplements, protein shakes, and the like.’
- ‘TVP, or textured vegetable protein, is widely available in many prepared foods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.