One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Just as important, the 68-year-old justice hews to a philosophical framework - known as textualism - that gives great weight to the written words of the Constitution and legislation.’
- ‘Although he competently summarizes this theory in his introduction, Ring does little to distinguish textualism from originalism in general or from originalist intentionalism in particular.’
- ‘Originalist meaning textualism is not without its difficulties because the attempt to bind governments by written constitutions has inherent difficulties.’
- ‘But good textualism doesn't just look at the literal English meaning of an isolated phrase; it also looks to the legal meaning of the phrase, and to other provisions of the Constitution.’
- ‘There never was a golden age of First Amendment textualism or absolutism in American history, even if you limit the First Amendment to Congressional power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.