One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She told Reuters: ‘The fact that women are more likely to be texters could suggest that women now see mobile phones as extremely social tools.’’
- ‘Britain's speedy fingered texters sent on average 45 million texts every day last year.’
- ‘What dedicated texter hasn't suffered an epic misunderstanding, or experienced a sick lurch of fear upon dispatching a message of sensitive character to the wrong recipient?’
- ‘I, personally, am a champion texter, but I have some friends who can hardly be bothered to click the buttons to read their texts, much less respond to them.’
- ‘Rich Ling, a sociologist working for Telenor, a Norwegian telecommunications company, has interviewed thousands of mobile-phone texters, and he has noticed that they actually feel more disconnected from the world around them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.