One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system or program that allows a user to edit text.
- ‘If the higher priority process waiting to run is a text editor in which the user is typing or an MP3 player ready to refill its audio buffer, the result is poor interactive performance.’
- ‘All she needs from a computer is a text editor for writing and a spreadsheet program for organizing.’
- ‘Many Weblog packages offer desktop applications that ease this pain, allowing users to write using a word processor or simple text editor and upload the final product when they are done.’
- ‘There are two ways to edit the configuration file, either using Red Hat's browser-based HTTP Configuration Tool, or directly editing it via a text editor.’
- ‘By the way, if you don't already know how to operate a Unix text editor such as vi you will definitely learn.’
- ‘The software includes more than fifty new features, including a text editor and a new macro language.’
- ‘You'll save some time if you write and save all your profile data to a text editor or word processor file.’
- ‘Now we are going to change the permissions on the XF86Config file, so your GUI text editor can edit it under your normal account.’
- ‘NoteTab Pro is a leading-edge text editor and HTML coding tool, and an ideal Notepad replacement.’
- ‘It should stay up, support large numbers of open browser windows without crashing, have a tolerable text editor (or word processor if you absolutely insist), and it should be easy for me to cut and paste.’
- ‘Up to now, the development tools have also been rather basic, with most programmers sitting in front of a text editor to develop their graphical effects.’
- ‘Step 1: Open your text editor or word processor and write down all the words and phrases that you might have searched for if you were looking for a company which offers products and services similar to yours.’
- ‘SAs generally select their favorite text editor and manually edit the files as needed.’
- ‘Open the named.conf file for editing in your favorite text editor.’
- ‘It's created using a simple text editor like Notepad or Wordpad, complicated word processors such as Microsoft Word will only corrupt the file.’
- ‘The most common way for him to do this is to compose his message with the text editor or word processor of his choice and save it to disk.’
- ‘You can then edit it with a text editor such as wordpad.’
- ‘You can use a standard Manila file folder and loose-leaf paper or you may want to create a folder on your computer and use a text editor such as Microsoft Word for your pages.’
- ‘Notepad is an excellent text editor that has a variety of uses such as writing HTML, editing scripts, and writing ezine articles - just to name a few.’
- ‘I remember from using NeXT having a text editor to edit source, and the Pascal compiler putting an option in the Services menu to compile and run, completely removing the save launch and load intermediate step.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.