One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The disease babesiosis in cattle.
- ‘He is credited for establishing that a tick was the transmitter of Texas fever in cattle.’
- ‘Cattle herders on Lake Victoria are damaged by outbreaks of coastal and Texas fevers and a sharp drop in prices for fur and hides on the American market.’
- ‘It was while working in the Bureau that Smith demonstrated the role of ticks in the transmission of Texas fever.’
- ‘Initially, the cattle trails ran north to railheads in Kansas, but, as the eastern plains were taken over by farmers and barbed wire and the scourge of Texas fever, the trails moved westward.’
- ‘From this is derived the modern name babesiosis, which is applied both to Texas fever and to infections caused throughout the world by these pathogens and other members of the same genus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.