A thermionic tube having four electrodes.
- ‘These tetrodes only have connections for four electrodes, but they include a pair of ‘beam forming plates’ that direct the electron flows.’
- ‘Power tetrodes are also sometimes used in amateur radio and industrial applications.’
- ‘The next generation of Thomson tetrodes will make it possible to reach the same levels of power at these frequencies in CW (continuous wave) operation, with an even higher efficiency’
- ‘The three-pole array therefore acts as the feedback element stabilizing the operating point of the tetrode.’
- ‘He was the one I was working with and I asked him if he could maybe build some tetrodes for us to experiment with.’
Early 20th century: from tetra- ‘four’ + Greek hodos ‘way’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.