A polymer comprising four monomer units.
- ‘Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.’
- ‘We find that the tetramer and the dimer become less stable than the monomer as the pH is lowered.’
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
- ‘Numerous studies suggest that the smallest multimer with full catalytic activity is a tetramer or an octamer.’
- ‘The tetramer is the functional unit of hemoglobin and its constituent chains are in communication with one another.’