One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An artificial anabolic steroid taken for enhancement of athletic performance. It was until recently undetectable in the bloodstream using normal testing techniques.
- ‘The drug Catlin encountered last year is an anabolic steroid called tetrahydrogestrinone.’
- ‘I would like to take this chance to state, categorically, that I have never taken the banned steroid tetrahydrogestrinone.’
- ‘The session looked at gene doping and other forms of enhancement drugs for athletes, including the use of THG, tetrahydrogestrinone, the designer anabolic steroid which until recently escaped detection.’
- ‘What he and other scientists aren't so sure of is whether tetrahydrogestrinone - THG - was purposely designed to evade detection or if its creator got lucky.’
- ‘In recent days, swimming's world governing body, FINA, announced it will re-test samples taken at the Barcelona World Championships this year, for the designer steroid, tetrahydrogestrinone.’
- ‘It is ironic that a word as cumbersome as tetrahydrogestrinone should be the name of a drug so easy to digest.’
- ‘Also monitoring the event, is the Canadian Centre for Ethics and Sports who will be testing the athletes for steroids, as well, for the first time ever, the drug tetrahydrogestrinone.’
- ‘Only towards the end of last year was a test discovered for tetrahydrogestrinone.’
- ‘The impact on football of the newly-revealed and formerly undetectable drug tetrahydrogestrinone will also be on the agenda along with another 25 cases and issues of doping-related cases from around the world.’
- ‘The ‘designer steroid,’ called tetrahydrogestrinone, is similar in structure to two common steroids, but its molecular makeup had been tweaked slightly to avoid detection.’
- ‘Players' union boss Gordon Taylor today backed plans to test footballers for designer steroid tetrahydrogestrinone, vowing: ‘We have nothing to hide.’’
- ‘Thoroughbreds in New South Wales will be tested for a new ‘designer’ anabolic steroid called tetrahydrogestrinone beginning Saturday at Rosehill Gardens.’
- ‘Analysed, the substance was a hitherto undetectable steroid, tetrahydrogestrinone, or THG.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.