One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound that is the main active ingredient of cannabis.
Chemical formula: C₂₁H₃₀O₂
- ‘The drug's active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol, will be delivered not by smoking, but through such mechanisms as a spray aimed under the tongue.’
- ‘The product contains the cannabis extract tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol.’
- ‘We considered urinary screening for drugs as positive above a concentration of 1000 ng/ml of urine for amphetamines, 300 ng/ml for cocaine and opiates, and 50 ng/ml of acid tetrahydrocannabinol for cannabis.’
- ‘‘Cannabis today is totally different than cannabis 20 or 30 years ago,’ he said, pointing to a boost in the active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol.’
- ‘Molecular studies have shown that tetrahydrocannabinol, the active component of cannabis, increases release of dopamine in the mesolimbic pathway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.