One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dense colorless gas which is polymerized to make plastics such as polytetrafluoroethylene.
- ‘The report states the listing is based on findings from laboratory animal studies of tetrafluoroethylene in which cancer was observed in multiple organs of multiple species following long-term inhalation exposures.’
- ‘The material safety data sheet for the mold-release spray indicated the presence of a small amount (less than 1%) of tetrafluoroethylene, a fluorocarbon monomer.’
- ‘The architects considered many options for the roof materials and finally chose an ultra-violet-stable fluoropolymer, ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, welded into cushions.’
- ‘Tetrafluoroethylene is listed in the 9th Report as "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen."’
- ‘The pyrolysis of tetrafluoroethylene was studied in the temperature and pressure range 300 to 455C and 25 to 760 torr.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.