A game in which two people use their hands or paddles to hit a ball suspended on a cord from an upright post, the winner being the first person to wind the cord completely around the post.
- ‘‘And you played tetherball with me at lunch, and you would always let me win,’ he chimed in.’
- ‘Amanda could not help but notice the tetherball swinging only ever so slightly back and forth behind Red.’
- ‘With snake eyes and a bully like laugh, he devilishly teases his son in a friendly game of tetherball.’
- ‘Emily played tetherball at recess with her students.’
- ‘Hey, Samantha, wanna play tetherball with me?’