One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘You offered us answers,’ she reminded him tetchily.’
- ‘He added tetchily, ‘You don't have to face responsibilities of any sort do you?’’
- ‘Unable to make sense of what was happening to them, they reacted tetchily and their play degenerated into niggling, scrappy attempts to win the ball.’
- ‘When asked if he feared the decision would be taken for him, he tetchily replied: ‘Ask that question of my President, not me.’’
- ‘When his time came he tetchily refuted the notion that Peel might have contributed anything to his success.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.