One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Here Jim is warming up to that state of testiness he can be known for, though I'm unclear who he's directing his scorn at.’
- ‘One final note: my sincerest apologies to anybody I have offended or hurt with my testiness in the past couple of days.’
- ‘A hot bath and good dinner had helped, but her testiness with Jonas was a clear sign she was on edge due to fatigue.’
- ‘‘No, I'm not tied up with Eliza,’ he answered, working to keep the testiness from his voice.’
- ‘The mild suggestion of boredom he affects can't disguise a hint of testiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.