One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘The fans and public are so sick of this question still being brought up,’ he says testily when the topic of his health and mental state is mentioned.’
- ‘He rambles and manhandles the equipment, testily blaming newfangled technology when he has difficulty with basic tasks such as placing a compact disc in a player.’
- ‘‘So did I,’ Lashana grumbled, glaring at Cris testily.’
- ‘In the year before his death he dealt somewhat testily with the whole matter in an interview with a journalist on the Courier-Mail.’
- ‘‘It's called a computer,’ he answered testily, ‘I won't even try to explain how it works - I doubt you could comprehend it.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.