One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He rambles and manhandles the equipment, testily blaming newfangled technology when he has difficulty with basic tasks such as placing a compact disc in a player.’
- ‘‘It's called a computer,’ he answered testily, ‘I won't even try to explain how it works - I doubt you could comprehend it.’’
- ‘‘So did I,’ Lashana grumbled, glaring at Cris testily.’
- ‘In the year before his death he dealt somewhat testily with the whole matter in an interview with a journalist on the Courier-Mail.’
- ‘‘The fans and public are so sick of this question still being brought up,’ he says testily when the topic of his health and mental state is mentioned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.