One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The testifiers are identified by year of birth and place of origin.’
- ‘Arthur Miller is one of the supreme testifiers to the terrible fall where lack of values may lead: the burning of the innocent; the eradication of wisdom and truth.’
- ‘In an important sense, then, the true testifier is ‘distinguished by not being distinguished’.’
- ‘The moral economy that operated during the hearings is indicated by the fact that commissioners were not uncomfortable if testifiers wept while giving evidence but that they did not like them to become angry.’
- ‘Cole then takes center stage, working the song fully with a sassy vocal in which she shifts from storyteller to testifier with a knack for transforming the mood from moments of tension to the exhilaration of temptation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.