One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition produced in genetically male people by the failure of tissue to respond to male sex hormones, resulting in normal female anatomy but with testes in place of ovaries.
- ‘Ten per cent of primary amenorrhoea is caused by androgen insensitivity syndrome (formerly testicular feminisation).’
- ‘Therefore, testicular feminization or other intersex disorders were not the cause of any female phenotypic appearance.’
- ‘The first type is known today as testicular feminization syndrome or androgen insensitivity syndrome.’
- ‘Otherwise, the outlook for complete testicular feminization is good if at-risk testicular tissue is removed at the proper time.’
- ‘Moreover, in the mouse model of testicular feminization in which male carriers of the X-linked Tfm mutation have no functional androgen receptors, the surfactant level of the Tfm male fetuses is the same as the females.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.