One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This insightful writing is complemented by direction that has a levelheaded terseness to it, that always keeps the film centered, and propels it forward to its inevitable climax.’
- ‘She opened her mouth to protest, but found Abigale had already turned to leave, severing their conversation with a startling terseness.’
- ‘The bell boys and concierge are overrun at times with mountains of luggage and shuttle bus responsibilities and so can be forgiven their occasional terseness.’
- ‘Murakami writes with a terseness that might be called minimalist, but the stories achieve a splendidly unminimalist richness, often taking on the potency of fable.’
- ‘Note again the terseness, the declarative and documentary force of Lee's voice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.